Killings in Jamchhari and Karigarh Para took place with the direct help of the army


Hill Voice, 12 October 2020: It is learnt that with the direct help and instigation of the army, the killings at Jamchhari of Bandarban on October 10 and at Karigarh Para of Kaptai on October 11 took place.

According to reliable sources, on 7 October 2020, Kaptai Zone Commander Lt. Col. Mizanur Rahman, PSC arrived at Rajasthali and, taking a group of 8/10 personnel of the army including Rajasthali Sub-Zone Commander Major Manjur, went to Foitu Para under Rajasthali Upazila. There, the zone commander held two hours of discussions with the Mog Party members, including the Mog Party Commander Koihla Aung. After having meeting, the army returned to the Rajasthali camp.

It is learnt that the Zone Commander and Sub-Zone Commander clearly informed the Mog Party members that they would be safe if they could work according to the army’s agenda. Otherwise, members of the Mog Party will be prosecuted for extortion and murder that they committed so far. In these cases, they will be sentenced to different terms and even hanged.

As a result of such threats, the Mog Party members agreed to act according to the agenda of the army. In his light, the killings took place at Jamchari of Bandarban on October 10 and at Karigarh Para of Kaptai on October 11.

It is learnt that three persons were directly involved in the Jamchhari incident on October 10. On the other hand, in the incident at Karigarh Para on October 11, two Mog Party members went to Karigarh Para Bazaar on a motorcycle from Foitu Para at 5:00 am and took Abu Karbari (Marma) from Karigarh Para.

At 7:30 in the morning, Basanta Tanchangya Durjoy came to Karigarh Para Bazaar taking a passenger with rent from Bhalukya. As soon as they arrived at the market, the terrorists fired on the innocent Basanta Tanchangya Durjay. Basanta Tanchanga Durjoy died instantly at the scene. It is learnt that the terrorists returned to Rajasthali after the incident.

On 10 October 2020, the three Mog Party members were brought from Foitu Para to the Rajasthali headquarters and on the morning of 12 October 2020, the day after the incident, the army members escorted them to Foitu Para in their vehicles, sources confirmed.