Hill Voice, 24 July 2023, Dhaka: It is reported that mass music, student-youth solidarity gathering and procession will be held in Dhaka Tomorrow (July 25, 2023) on the initiative of various student and youth organizations for 5 point-demand including speedy and proper implementation of the Chittagong Hill Tracts Accord.
As per announcement of the host, the program will be held under the banner of ‘Student and Youth Organizations agitating for the Implementation of the Chittagong Hill Tract Accord’.
According to the organizer, the programs will be held tomorrow at 3 pm at Prajanma Chattar in Shahbag area of Dhaka having the slogan ‘Form a united larger movement to implement the Chittagong Hill Tract Accord’. A procession would also be brought out after the rally.
The organizers requested all walks of people to join the event in groups. The 5-point demands to the government for which this program are as follows:
1. Implement the CHT Accord speedily and properly formulating a schedule-based action plan for the implementation of the Accord.
2. Stop military authority and end indirect military rule permanently in CHT.
3. Make the regional council and the three hill district councils representative and democratic and properly empower them as per the Accord to ensure local governance.
4. Ensure the land rights of internally displaced persons and India-returnee Jumma refugees rehabilitating them through making the CHT Land Dispute Settlement Commission effective for a permanent solution to the CHT land problems.
5. Ensure the participation of the indigenous peoples of Chittagong Hill Tracts in the mainstream economic progress and sustainable development of the country.