Hill Voice, 21 July 2023, Dhaka: It is reported that mass music, student-youth solidarity gathering and procession will be held in Dhaka Tomorrow (July 22, 2023) on the initiative of various student and youth organizations for 5 point-demand including speedy and proper implementation of the Chittagong Hill Tracts Accord.
Already, the programs have been announced through on social media and posters under the banner of ‘Student and Youth Organizations agitating for the Implementation of the Chittagong Hill Tract Accord’.
To make the program successful, the leaders and activists of various student and youth organizations were seen distributing leaflets of the program among different walks of people at Paltan Press Club Shilpakala Academy area of Dhaka this morning.
As per the host, mass music and student-youth solidarity gathering will be held tomorrow at 3 pm at Prajanma Chattar in Shahbag area of Dhaka having the slogan ‘Form a united larger movement to implement the Chittagong Hill Tract Accord’. There would also be procession after the rally.
The host requested all walks of people to join the event in groups. The 5-point demands to the government for which this program are as follows:
1. Implement the CHT Accord speedily and properly formulating a schedule-based action plan for the implementation of the Accord.
2. Stop military authority and end to indirect military rule permanently in CHT.
3. Make the regional council and the three hill district councils representative and democratic and properly empower them as per the Accord to ensure local governance.
4. Ensure the land rights of internally displaced persons and India-returnee Jumma refugees rehabilitating them through making the CHT Land Dispute Settlement Commission effective for a permanent solution to the CHT land problems.
5. Ensure the participation of the indigenous peoples of Chittagong Hill Tracts in the mainstream economic progress and sustainable development of the country.